1. Choose a business name: Choose a business name that is unique and can be easily remembered by customers.
2. Register your business: Visit the Small Business Administration's website to register your business in your state.
3. Obtain licenses and permits: Depending on the type of business you are operating, you may need to obtain certain licenses and permits.
4. Open a business bank account: Open a business bank account so you can track your business income and expenses.
5. Establish business credit: Establish business credit to help you get financing and better terms from suppliers.
6. File taxes: File taxes at the federal, state, and local levels.
7. Protect your personal assets: Set up a legal entity, such as a limited liability company (LLC), to protect your personal assets from business liabilities.